This Thursday is Independence Day in India. It’s one of only three national holidays (the other two being the Republic Day on 26 January and Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday on 2 October) and is observed in all Indian states and union territories.
On Independence Day a celebration takes place in Delhi, where the prime minister hoists the national flag at the Red Fort and delivers a speech from its ramparts. The holiday is observed throughout India with flag-hoisting ceremonies, parades and cultural events. Indians celebrate the day by displaying the national flag on their attire, accessories, homes and vehicles; by listening to patriotic songs, watching patriotic movies; and bonding with family and friends.
The Webmaker Community is celebrating by organizing Maker Parties especially for the day, and preparing some makes that you can remix to participate in the celebration. We’re calling it the “Day of Remix”, and we hope everyone takes part!
Host a Maker Party event using ‘Indian Independence Day’ as the theme.
Make an inspiring interactive biography. The Indian Community are focusing their biographies on influential Indians or 5 things they love about India that they think the world should know about. What will your biography be about? Check out these submissions and choose one to remix!
- A submission by Diwanshi Pandy: https://diva.makes.org/thimble/on-this-day-in-history-a-starter-make
- From Nishant: https://nishant.makes.org/thimble/personalties
- From Ravi Kumbhkar: https://umesh.makes.org/thimble/remix-of-the-legend-mahatma-gandhi
Remix these Indian makes to be about your own country.
- From Nishant: http://nishant.makes.org/thimble/august15dayofremix
- By Gauthamraj: https://mozraj.makes.org/thimble/mozilla-wishes-you-66th-independence-day
- By Umesh: https://umesh.makes.org/popcorn/1ato
If your make is about India or Indian culture, you might get a Webmaker shout-out on August 15th, when we announce the best makes from the day of remix.
We love to see what you make, today, and for special days like India’s Independence, so tweet us your creations at @webmaker or @mozteach